Sunday, February 12, 2017

Notes on ycnocuicatl

[1] They are already dead, lying on a battle field, calling out to a god for comfort. Talking to god in a way that the Christians at the time would not, they speak casually to him, about him as though he were a corporal being, like their gods were, with hearts and honor and respect… (Dios was simply put in there…)
[1] There is nothing so painful as being an orphan, I can’t even remember it, or speak of it.
[1] I am strong like those of huexotzinco, therefore I will be calmed and eased
[1] My parents wait for me, they will comfort me??? Wait, I forget what we were going for here.
[1] I will always be an orphan

asked peter for his translation so that we can compare, i will send what I have and what we discussed. 

tomorrow, continue translation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment